Forum Discussion

EricDeclerck
Community Member
7 hours ago

Summary configuration

Hello, 

I have an issue with the menu. I'm struggling to configure the following:

If the learner clicks on the home icon while they are in Part 1, I want them to be directed to the summary, with Parts 2, 3 and 4 locked only.

If the learner clicks on the home icon while they are in Part 2, I want them to be directed to the summary, with Parts 3 and 4 locked only.

If the learner clicks on the home icon while they are in Part 3, I want them to be directed to the summary, with Part 4 locked only.

Additionally, I would like this not to affect the progress rate if the learner decides to revisit a previously completed section during their training.

Thank you for your help!

• To implement such functionality, you will need to use variables.

You need to create 3 logical variables: Part2, Part3, and Part4, and initially assign them a value of false.

On the slide where Part 2 begins, you need to set the variable Part2 to true. (Do the same for Part 3 and 4.)

On the menu slide, you need to set the buttons that lead the user to Chapters 2, 3, and 4 to an inactive state. And assign triggers: when the slide time starts, change the Part2 button to Normal state if the variable Part2=true. Similarly do this with the buttons for Chapters 3 and 4.