Forum Discussion

IrisSchlabitz
Community Member
2 months ago

Strange line in the header

Hi, for some time now I see this strange line in the header just below the image in Rise. Please see the image attached. This line also appears when published as SCORM and uploaded into LMS. Unfortunately this completely ruins the look. Do you know why this is happening/can you please fix for the next update?

Thanks!

KarinRex
    Community Member

That line marks the completion of the module. It gets longer as the learner moves through the course. (Similar to a video play bar.)

• No, unfortunately this line is there from the start and has nothing to do with the completion. Its not there with that other Themes ;-)

KarinRex
    Community Member

My apologies.

Could you post a picture and state the theme?

PhilFoss
    Community Member

This is a difficult issue as not everyone will experience it, I diagnose and provide a fix here, you can install this as a theme component if you need the fix today. It has to do with Apex theme, the use of an SVG image, sub-pixel rendering and high resolution monitors.

• Hi Karin and Phil,

yes I am using Apex as it fits our branding very well. And we are using it for all our modules, and the bug was only recently seen.  Changing the theme now would be a pain. And seeing Phil's video, this is obviously a bug and should be fixed, I hope. 

@Phil: can you provide the details to change the code in inspection? Would it then also be displayed in that way when exported as SCORM and uploaded to LMS?

PhilFoss
    Community Member

Iris, yes this type of change does not involve Rise's text editor, so the fix needs to be applied to the exported course, I have some documentation here. I recommend keeping all your changes in a separate file that you add to the course files, never modify the css files that are part of the exported Rise files.

• Thank you Phil. I however hope that Articulate comes up with an update in this regard.