Forum Discussion

AgataBednarz
Community Member
4 years ago

Storyline export for language translation

Hello,

Is there a way I could export text for language translation from Storyline slides (and then import back the translated text)?

Please advise

Thank you

Agata

SusanHolland
      Community Member

Any software suggestions that use that file type? "Choose the XLIFF Version required for your translation service or program, either 1.2 or 2.0."

• Hello Susan,

We do not have any suggestions on 3rd party software for translation. I'll defer to the community to chime in and share what is working well for them.

AgataBednarz
    Community Member

Thank you all.
    I have exported a file to Word doc, had it translated within the same doc and trying to import it to storyline but no success. Tried so many times now, I do not know what is wrong. I get an erros message every single time.

• I am having the same issue.  Do you mind sharing how you figured out your issue?

AgataBednarz
      Community Member

Hi Lorraine, I started comparing files that worked with the one that was not working and figured out that company doing the translation messed up the file (data in the translation column in word doc). They have applied formatting from the middle column, and copied some number markers (that shouldn't be in the translation column) plus messed up the row dividers. I ended up copy and pasting manually each line from that file as there was too much to try to fix it.

Not sure if your issue is the same but wishing you best luck to fix it!

LorraineGauthie
        Community Member

Oy, sounds complicated. :)

Thanks for your help. I will take a look to see if I can mimic what you did.

Have a good one!

Lorraine

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission may contain confidential information. This information is solely for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom or which it was intended. If you are not an intended recipient, any review, copying, printing, disclosure, distribution or any other use is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail. Please delete this e-mail from your files if you are not the intended recipient. Thank you.

• Hello Lorraine, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

Thanks for reaching out and sharing that you are having the same issue, but I'm not clear what you're experiencing since we have a few different issues shared here.

• Can you explain the issue you are currently experiencing?
    • What version of Storyline are you using?
      LorraineGauthie
      Community Member

Hi!

I am able to import the translation but can't use the player button to change the language there. I am sure it is because we are still using Storyline 2. Thanks!

Lorraine

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission may contain confidential information. This information is solely for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom or which it was intended. If you are not an intended recipient, any review, copying, printing, disclosure, distribution or any other use is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail. Please delete this e-mail from your files if you are not the intended recipient. Thank you.