Forum Discussion

AlexaAndres
Community Member
4 years ago

Slide number progresses during slide transition

Hey there! 

I was wondering if there's a fix for this issue:

I've added an auto-generating number for the slides in our knowledge check pool. (Further context: only four randomly selected questions are shown to the user from the pool of questions.)

We had a teacher point out that, right before the results slide appears, the "Knowledge check #" increments by one for a brief moment. If you take a look at my attached video, watch the "Knowledge check #" title right before reaching the results slide.

I know this is such a minor issue, but I was wondering if there's a fix for this. Or even a smart workaround anyone could suggest. Thank you!

• Hi Alexa,

Thanks for reaching out! It would help to see what triggers you have set for your Correct/Incorrect slide layers, but my guess is you have a Hide Layer when user clicks Continue before a Jump to next slide trigger?

If you remove that first Hide Layer trigger, does that help with the glitch? Looking forward to hearing back!

AlexaAndres
    Community Member

Hi Ren!

Thanks for responding! That was a great idea, but no dice. I switched those triggers (hide layer/jump to next slide) and I'm still seeing the same number issue.

Any other ideas for work arounds or fixes?

• Hey Alexa, maybe instead of directly referencing the in-built variable, you could create a new variable to display, and set that one when the timeline starts. For example:

1. Create a new number variable called something like 'DummySlideNumber'
    2. Add trigger to each slide:
      Set DummySlideNumber to Menu.SlideNumber when timeline starts
    3. Change the variable reference on each slide to 'Knowledge check: %DummySlideNumber%'