Forum Discussion

ShimellHinesman
Community Member
10 days ago

Seekbar does not sync with base slide

Help!!!

When I use the seekbar to fast forward on a slide with multiple layers the layers and audio sync perfectly. However when I drag the seekbar back to the base slide the audio and BS are out of sync (BS does not display). In fact the slide (layers) and audio do not sync until the 1st layer displays.

I have tried changing the "When revisting" to Reset to initital state under slide properties but it does not work.

I want learners to have the capability to fast foward as well as rewind while still on the same slide if they missed a part and need to watch it again and not have to wait to press pervious on the next slide to see the aforementioned slide from the beginning.

ShimellHinesman
    7 days ago

KenyaPhillips

Thank you, I used the trigger, “When the time line reaches,” (0m.0s) and the hid all the layers 1, 2, 3 etc. Now when I drag the seek bar back to the beginning the base slide and audio are in sync from the start.

• Hello ShimellHinesman,

Thanks for reaching out!

I understand that your slide's timing is out of sync when the seek bar is used to move through the timeline. A media file whose timeline matches the slide's timeline typically stays in sync with the seek bar. It sounds like your slide has additional triggers that may have affected the behavior. 

Would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or privately by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at how it's configured? We'll delete it when we're done testing! 

KenyaPhillips
    Community Member

Your slide looks great! When you use layers, they appear on top of the base layer like a stack. To successfully show the base layer again, you must hide each individual layer when not in use. This can be done via trigger or in the properties section of each layer. 

ShimellHinesman
      Community Member

KenyaPhillips

Thank you, I used the trigger, “When the time line reaches,” (0m.0s) and the hid all the layers 1, 2, 3 etc. Now when I drag the seek bar back to the beginning the base slide and audio are in sync from the start.