Forum Discussion

LydiaKrejci
Community Member
4 months ago

Rise360 SCORM import in CANVAS does not open in new window

Hello!

I work for a University an IT tells me it is impossible to import a Rise360 SCORM in Canvas and there force it to open in a new window. 

I will need it to open in a new window. The content of the SCORM beeing shown on the Canvas page is confusing and disorientating for students.

Is there a way to fix it? I have read, that there is an export option for SCORM to be opend in a new window  in Storyline - is there one in Rise as well??

Or can this be fixed on the Canvas-side?? IT says no - but I am not sure.

Thanks a lot!

Daniela

• Hello Daniella,

Thanks for reaching out!

The behavior for how a Rise 360 course opens (new window vs. in frame) is controlled by the Learning Management System. You'll need to locate the equivalent of this setting in Canvas LMS.

I'd recommend checking with your LMS support team to see how you can configure this in your environment.

LydiaKrejci
    Community Member

Thank you Jose! I will try to figure it out with the CANVAS IT-Team :) 

EricSantos
      Staff

Hello Lydia,

I'm glad my colleague, Jose, was able to help you here! Please let us know if your CANVAS IT team needs any information from us. We'd be happy to assist you further if needed.

LydiaKrejci
    Community Member

Hello Eric,

is there a way to instruct the SCORM export to open in a new window once it´s hosted on the LMS site?

The solution Jose talked about is great - he took a screenshot from ScormCloud and this works for me. But I need to host the content directly in Canvas and not via ScormCloud. So it is not applicable for me.

The option seen above (Open in new window) is not given in Canvas. So maybe this can be fixed on the "export" side?

Thx again

KarlMuller
      Community Member

Hi Lydia,

The instruction to open the rise course in a new window must come from your LMS.

LydiaKrejci
    Community Member

Thats what I thought. Will keep on working with IT.

Thank you for the reply!

LydiaKrejci
    Community Member

Thank you Cary. I found that one too but it didn't help.

I am waiting for LMS-IT response. They seem confident that they can fix it. 

Good things take time ;)