Forum Discussion

MindaCarl
Community Member
3 days ago

Publishing Rise360 in HTML5

Hi all, 

I've spent over an hour reading through a lot of threads on the topic of publishing Rise360 into HTML5 and I've found different information so I thought I'd bundle everything into one message to clarify things. 

• Some messages seem to suggest that any publishing of Rise360 ends up as HTML5.
  • Some messages say that the Web version is HTML5. 
  • A couple of messages seem to suggest that the reason we couldn't see that downloaded SCORMs were in HTML5 was that, since Flash has disappeared, there's no need to make the distinction. 
  • One response about this issue was to duplicate the downloaded files and rename them, e.g. ""story.html" to "story_html5.html"" but this seems specific to Storyline so not sure it's relevant to Rise. 

Question 1: Is everything published in HTML5 and we just can't see it in the file extension name cos of the info above?

Question 2: Is the duplicating & renaming hack mentioned a real solution for an LMS that seems to require HTML5? 

Thanks very much for clarifying :)

Minda

MindaCarl
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick feedback Karl! For some reason, however, it seems my team is still having trouble integrating the SCORM onto our (ancient and very simple) LMS... If anyone has any thoughts on why, it would be very much appreciated!

LucianaPiazza
      Staff

Hi MindaCarl

Thanks for reaching out! 

When publishing to an LMS, you have the options of AICC, SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004, xAPI, and cmi5. We typically recommend that folks test their course in SCORM Cloud to see that their file is working as expected. 

Could you please share the name of your LMS? I'm sure it would be helpful if other folks are currently using this and can share pointers. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!