Forum Discussion

BethWonderlin
Community Member
8 years ago

Previous Button Not Working

Hi.

I am having issues with the "Previous" button operating on the attached file.  I've loaded it on a test SCORM and still not able to get it to operate.  I appreciate any help you can provide, on what I did wrong.

thank you!

• You need to change slide navigation to "Restricted". Right now it is set to "Locked". When locked, slide navigation can only go forward. Restricted allows users to go to slides they have already visited.

• So glad you were able to find what you needed here Mark. Thanks for popping in to share.

Welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

KarenHawkes
    Community Member

Hi guys, the player's previous button is still not working. I set it to "Restricted" as per comment above. Can someone help please?

• Hi Karen! 

Currently, the "Previous Slide" trigger goes back to the Previously Visited slide - it doesn't work quite like a back button.

We have a current feature request to allow users to set logic for the Previous slide trigger. I will link you to the feature request, and we can update you with any news. 

In the meantime, you can create a specific trigger to 'Jump to Slide X when user clicks the 'Prev' button, and then slide x would be shown. 

If you are using the 'Jump to slide' - 'Previous' slide when user clicks 'Prev' button, then you would go to the slide previously viewed (like a browser back button). 

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you need additional assistance. 

KarenHawkes
    Community Member

Hi Andrea, we have now fixed the issue another way around but thank you so much for your help.

The issue was, since we don't want the user to skip the slides immediately, I have put the trigger for the next slide when timeline ends. The revisit options of my slides was set to decide "Automatically" so the problem was fixed by changing the slide option to "Reset to initial state". 

CarynAffleck
    Community Member

Thank you, Karen for sharing this! That was a huge help - I just ran into the issue and the "automatically" was the cause. Articulate Miracle! :)