Forum Discussion

DickVisser-1cb7
Community Member
4 years ago

Link to an element on the same page (Rise)

Back in the good old days, when we created plain html, we could link to an element on the same page, thus we could create an index of the topics on top of the page.
This is especially usefull when content is used as a reference guide.
In Rise however this is not possible, we can only create text links to an external url.
Does anybody knows a workaround to create such an anchor element in Rise?

• Thanks for the feedback, now if you can share any developments on our ability to add links to other areas like flip cards or image blocks that will be great! :)

CNavarro
      Former Staff

Hi Ivy, we don't have any updates yet about adding hyperlinks to flip cards and images. We will post them here once we get an update. Thanks for checking in.

• Not just this, but the ability to add external URLs to Blocks other than the buttons block.  @Renz Sevilla, any updates on this?

KarlMuller
      Community Member

Hi Ivy,

You can currently add external URL's to any selected paragraph text.

Alternatively you can also use a MULTIMEDIA / EMBED block to embed external URL's.

IvyColon-Perez
        Community Member

Hi,
        Thank you!

The embedded bit doesn't work for me. Pretty sure it is my company's firewall. That said I wanted to see additional flexibility, as in the flip cards or with the images blocks.

• I'd really like this as an option, and allow to cross-link content with in the course.

• Hi Dick,

Thanks for letting us know this feature is important to you! We're tracking requests to extend linking and anchoring ability. We'll keep you posted here if make any changes that might help!