Forum Discussion

WenXiong-01feda
Community Member
2 months ago

Knowledge Check in Rise 360

Hi everyone, 

I'm reaching out for some insights for the refresher course I’m working on. Can we configure the course developed in Rise 360 that learners must correctly answer a question to assess their understanding of the topics they've previously learned? If they select a wrong answer, they should be directed to review specific information related to that topic before they can proceed.

I hope this makes sense and many thanks for your suggestions and assistance in advance. 

• Hello Wen,

Thanks for reaching out! I understand you'd like to add a knowledge check at the beginning of your Rise course to act as a pre-test. This is a great idea, as a pre-test is an excellent way to decide whether your learner will need to take the succeeding lesson or skip it if they passed.

While there is no built-in way to add a pre-test in Rise 360, our community has some workarounds and examples you can consider. I've added the links to a couple of them below.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have additional questions.

• Hi Eric, 

Thank you very much for your response and for sharing the resources. They were quite helpful for me to think deeper while I also realised the challenge of achieving what I expected. 

Let me clarify in another way...

I'd like to build a course, where a pre-test is carried out first. There are 2-4 questions about a topic. If questions are answered correctly, the topic information content section can be skipped. however, if questions are answered incorrectly, learners are led directly to the required sections. For example: question 1 and question 5 were answered incorrectly - the learner should go directly to topic 1 and then to topic 5. 

Any guidance? Thanks