Forum Discussion

JulianRegan
Community Member
2 years ago

Jump to Slide triggers won't work when importing block into Rise

I've been working on a relatively simple project, but keep running into small frustrations. Allow me to summarise.

• I'm using this template, downloaded from this page. The block just requires viewers to click on each of the 4 tabs linked from the base layer slide and view the content. Nothing more than that.
  • The template I'm using has only one slide, with 4 additional layers on top.
  • When inserting this into Rise, I want to make sure the users complete the above interaction before the Continue button becomes visible. In this case, "complete" means look at all 4 layers.
  • The first time I tested this, the Continue button became visible as soon as the user had started the Storyline interaction. I now realise that this is because the completion tracker settings in Publish are set to "all slides" and there is only one slide. There is no option, as far as I can tell, to include layers in completion tracking. 
  • I tried a few things, but in the end, I decided to create new slides, duplicated the master slide 4 times. This means there are 5 slides in total.
  • Based on suggestions from other posts on this forum, I first of all changed each of the 4 new slides, and on each different one, made a trigger to show the target layer as soon as the timeline starts. This looked good in principle, but it simply did nothing when I tried to preview it.
  • Instead, I copied the content from the target layer, pasted it on top of the base slide, hid/disabled all unwanted content, and made sure that each of them had a button taking the user back to the home slide, from where they could move on to the second tab, and so on.
  • This worked fine when previewing it in Storyline, but when I published this to Review 360 and inserted in my Rise course, nothing happens when clicking on the triggers that are supposed to jump to the 4 new slides. I'm just stuck on the home slide. I really can't tell what I've done wrong.

Any help with this would be much appreciated. I've attached the latest version of the Storyline file that I'm working on.
  • You can use one slide with 4 layers and require a user to view all the layers before they can continue in Rise. 

• Add a Visited state to each of the tabs/buttons. 
      • By the way, since the tabs aren't visible when the associated content shows, there's no need for them to have a Selected state.
    • Add a Complete course trigger that runs when all of the tab-buttons are Visited. That would look like this: 

• When you publish the Storyline file to Review 360, set it to track completion via the trigger. Be sure to deselect tracking via slides viewed.

JulianRegan
    Community Member

That works perfectly Judy, thanks so much. I had actually tried a variation of that yesterday, but I didn't set it up correctly (I was trying to create a trigger based on the user's actions, rather than the state of each tab, plus I forgot to change the tracking options from slides to triggers). Luckily I'd saved that version before moving on to a version where I deleted all the layers, so this is now working in Rise.

This still doesn't explain why the other version of the SL file which I attached - the one with slides rather than layers - was not behaving the same in Rise as it was in the SL preview.