Forum Discussion

SwetaB
Community Member
3 years ago

JAWS Screen Reader and Quiz Questions

Hello Everyone,

When I used JAWS to test my published Storyline 3 course in Chrome. I'm noticing that it double reads all radio + checkbox questions. It reads, "True radio button checked. True. False radio button unchecked. False." Does the same with checkboxes.  "Spring, checkbox not checked. Spring. Fall, checkbox not checked. Fall." I've seen this fixed, but have no idea how to do it.

Please help!

Thanks

BeccaLevan
    Community Member

Welcome to E-Learning Heroes, Sweta!

I'm happy to help! With your permission, I'd like to take a closer look at your file for testing purposes. Are you able to share it in this discussion or privately here

Looking forward to your response!

CindeeCalton
    Community Member

I am experiencing this same issue in storyline 360. What was the fix for the poster above? Thanks.

• HI Cindee,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue! It appears that Sweta didn't end up opening a support case on this. I've opened a case on your behalf so our Support Engineers can investigate what's going on. You should be hearing from a member of our team soon via email.

SandeepGadam
    Community Member
    Hello there!

Does the aforementioned bug have a specific fix? 

If so, kindly provide any solutions you may have below so that we can look at this when we return.

Thank you!
      CindeeCalton
      Community Member

Sandeep, Articulate support contacted me, looked at my file and told me to update to the latest version of Storyline. I was already using the most recent version of Storyline so that wasn't much help, but maybe it is for you. If not, you can try what I did, which was to create an entirely new Storyline file and copy and paste all my slides. 

Honestly radio buttons, Storyline and screen readers are a source of constant frustration for me. I have frequent issues other than this one. 

SandeepGadam
        Community Member

Hi Cindee, Thank you so much for the tip. I've been using the latest version of the Storyline and it's of no use. I did the same thing by making a new SL file and pasting all of my previous slides, but so far I've had no luck.

Hope Articulate can find a better fix for this at the earliest.

• Hi Sandeep,

Sorry to hear you're running into this snag! I appreciate the troubleshooting you've done so far. Would you be willing to share a copy of your Storyline file here or privately through a support case so we can find out what's happening? We'll delete it when we're done testing!