Forum Discussion

JohnMorris-70c0
Community Member
6 years ago

Insert from Media Library into Picture Placeholder

I have a template that includes picture placeholders on the slides that will contain images.

I have imported into the Media Library the images I want to use.

Now I want to insert those images into the appropriate placeholders but I cannot figure out how to do that.  The only options I see in the placeholders are "Insert Picture from File" or "Insert Content Library 360 Photo."

When I go to Insert > Media Library then Insert Image, it drops the image on top of the place holder.

Is there a way to do this?

• Hello Everyone! 

I'm happy to share that we have released a new update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.89.32618.0)

In this update, we have an enhancement where:

• The image placeholder on slide and feedback layouts now lets you insert an image from the media library.

As a first stepI recommend updating Storyline 360 to the latest version. Here's how:

Update Authoring Apps

If you have any questions, please let us know in this thread or privately in a support case.

Have a great day! 

• Thank you for your reply.

I am actually not trying to replace an image, as I have not added an image to the placeholder yet.

I am trying to insert a Media Library image into an image placeholder that I have added to the master/layout for the slide that I am using.

The only options I see in the placeholders are "Insert Picture from File" or "Insert Content Library 360 Photo" (see attachment). 

Is there a way to do this that I am missing? 

• Thank you, that would be very helpful.  I was attempting to use the Media Library "alternate text" feature to describe my images, that were complex and had a tendency to all look the same as thumbnails.

• I'm having the same problem. Although I can choose to insert an image from the media library onto the slide, it will not format it into the image place holder in the slide template. This will also be a problem later on if I switch out the image in an entire project as it will just drop the image onto each slide, regardless of the placeholder format. Help. Thanks!

• Hi, matulay!

Thanks for letting us know how important having this capability is for you. 

We're still monitoring requests, but don't have any updates planned at this point. A few ideas in the meantime:

• Insert images onto the slide or into a shape, if possible.

I know that isn't an ideal approach, so we'll notify this discussion if we make changes that will help!

• Hello Devin and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

Thank you for reaching out and sharing that this is a feature you would like to see as well.

As Katie shared above, we are tracking the requests and will share any updates we have here in the future, but I do not have one at this time.

• Hello Everyone! 

I'm happy to share that we have released a new update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.89.32618.0)

In this update, we have an enhancement where:

• The image placeholder on slide and feedback layouts now lets you insert an image from the media library.

As a first stepI recommend updating Storyline 360 to the latest version. Here's how:

Update Authoring Apps

If you have any questions, please let us know in this thread or privately in a support case.

Have a great day! 

JohnMorris-70c0
      Community Member

This is good news and will really help my workflow.

How do we get this update?  I notice that I don't have it yet and there are not updates waiting in my Articulate 360 app.

EricSantos
        Staff

Hello John,

I'm glad this new Storyline update will benefit your workflow! If you haven't updated yet and don't see the Update button in the Articulate 360 desktop app, the first troubleshooting step is to reboot your computer and recheck the desktop app for the update.

If the issue persists, you can check this article for possible solutions. If none of those solutions work, please connect with us in a case so we can determine what's happening. We'll reach out soon after we hear from you.