Forum Discussion

TimGray-aafd4c0
Community Member
10 years ago

Hyperlinks not working when using States

Hello, I'm fairly new to Storyline.  I'm having issues with 4 separate hyperlinks each in its own text box.  I want the viewer to visit each hyperlink in succession the hyperlinks that are not clickable by the user will appear grayed out.  I used states to have only hyperlink #1 initially available, then when clicked it changes hyperlink #2 state from grayed out and no link to the default normal state.  The state changes to represent the default text that appears to be a hyperlink but the trouble is when clicked no action is taken.  If I remove the states for the hyper link the link action works as intended. 

I've reviewed other similar issues with hyperlinks and have implemented a work around using hot spots that Ashley Terwilliger talked about, but disabling the hot spot to prevent premature clicking is not something I know how to do.  

• Hello everyone!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Build 3.80.30988.0, we've included important fixes and new features.

One of the bugs we've fixed is: 

• Arabic hyperlinks, hyperlinks in states, and triggers that referenced hyperlinks might not work

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!