Forum Discussion

ElizabethOseid
Community Member
2 months ago

How does one add a "lesson" to a course in RISE 360

I got lesson one complete and now want to start on Lesson 2 in a course I am reworking in RISE to align with an upcoming plan to move compliance training into a new LMS. The content needs to be reworked a bit to fit into the constraints of RISE, but I know I will never be able to learn Storyline in the short term, as there are a lot more bells and whistles to figure out and I have a deadline.

I cannot seem to add a second lesson to the course. I watched several videos and they went too fast and did not explain in enough detail for me to get much out of it.

I am tasked with creating trainings however it is not the main part of my job, so I am not at all an instructional designer by trade. I like learning, so I am excited about it, but I am being beaten down by software that I have no idea how it is meant to be used.

Help!

KarlMuller
    Community Member

At the bottom our your list of Lessons on the main page of your Rise course, scroll to the bottom and look for: 

Add a Lesson title ....

Type your second Lesson name name right there and press Enter.

Then click on ADD CONTENT and choose the Lesson type you want to create.

ElizabethOseid
      Community Member

Thanks Karl!

It is truly not obvious to me I was clicking around trying to make it activate and nothing, but it seems so basic an issue that I could not find anything on it.

I learn better bye reading through a manual or guide than all the nice trainings on the website. For me they go too fast with no opportunity to see if I can do what is being taught, so I end up getting to the end with no time during for hands-on practice and have no idea what I am supposed to do.

It would be so nice to not look at hundreds of micro learnings and just have something that will take one from start to finish setting up a course. Is there something like that that I just haven’t discovered yet? I went through one that was sort of what I think I need, but again, it was fast talking, and not easy to follow when one does not even know the lingo

Elizabeth Oseid

KarlMuller
        Community Member

Hi Elizabeth,

Please note that when you receive an email that someone replied to your Rise forum post, if you click the REPLY button in the email, that your entire email signature is posted to the public forum.

I recommend that you click on VIEW in this notification email and edit your previous post and remove your personal information. 

If you are new to Rise, I highly recommend this reference: https://community.articulate.com/series/rise-360 

KarlMuller
      Community Member

The Rise community is here to help you, so please ask away!