Forum Discussion

SandraDavis-2d7
Community Member
2 years ago

header overlay filter in Rise 360

The simple colored header bars are to simple for multi-module course set I'm trying to build. I'm trying to add a graphic that includes the course title and theme into the header, but when I do, it displays with a black background to the image. I have tried all the different contrast options.

If I could get it to white (or no) background, my image would look cleaner.

Can this be done?

I've attached images. The first shows that in the theme setter area, the image shows with high contrast and it's white. The second image shows that once it's in the course as header, it has a black background.

I came across something that said I could adjust the html hex code by accessing the index, but I can' t find how to get "behind the scenes," behind the interface, to see the html code.

KarlMuller
    Community Member

Hi Sandra,

I've seen the same thing.

There does not appear to be a way to change this "filter".

• Hi Sandra!

We don't currently have the feature to change or remove a background color for the header.

However, we are tracking a similar request for the ability to customize the color of the lesson header. I'll add you to that list so that we can reach out to let you know if we make changes that will help.

Let me know if you need anything else!

• Hi,

Has this been implemented? I'm unable to change the color of the lesson header and my image, if light colored, doesn't show and if dark, it gets darker.

• Does anyone know of a way to remove this transparent darker overlay through CSS? 

KarlMuller
      Community Member

Hi Aly,

You can change the dark overlay to light, and you can also change the amount. Do any of those settings help?

AlySummers-05d5
        Community Member

Ah! I didn't think about the "edit" settings for the image. I expected if there were overlay settings that they'd be elsewhere in the theme navigation. thanks!