Forum Discussion

DeidraRichar791
Community Member
9 months ago

File Downloaded in SCORM ends the interaction

Hi,

I have uploaded a SCORM package created in Rise to the Moodle LMS. I noticed that after the user downloads a file in the course there is nowhere for the user to go except to click 'X' and end the interaction. It does not go back to the course. When I click the navigation to the bottom of the page, nothing happens.

I am not sure if this is a problem with Moodle or with Rise. Has anyone else experienced this problem? 

I have attached a video of what I am experiencing.

Tim_
    Community Member

Couple of things are the problem here - one, Rise doesn't open a download link in a new tab/window; two, the file is being previewed by your browser because it probably has a setting to handle pdf files internally (I think Chrome/Edge have this on by default).

So what it is doing is replacing the SCORM package with the PDF preview, but since you are both in a frameset and a popup window, it doesn't have the regular "Back" button functionality of the browser to easily get the user back to the content (and Moodle has no standard navigation built-in to its popup windows).

You might need to get your learners to configure their browsers to not handle PDF previews. I don't think there's a way to get Rise to open download files in a new tab (though it would fix the problem).

You might also consider opening the SCORM package in the same page rather than a popup window, so at least the user has a chance at finding their way back to the course content again, rather than having to close the window and launch it again.

AngeloCruz
        Staff

Hi Deidra!

It looks like your email signature came through when you replied via email. You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.