Forum Discussion

MeleahGayle-228
Community Member
3 months ago

Feedback Master -- Need to Reset to Default

I am trying to reset my Feedback Master Slides to default. I've tried selecting the  Feedback Master slide I want to delete in the column to the left and selecting delete on my keyboard and right clicking to access delete, but delete is not an option. I got a message saying it was being used by 1 slide so I deleted the question slide, then open the Feedback Master from the View tab. I still have no option to delete the Feedback Master. While I no longer get the "being used by 1 slide" message, I still cannot delete the slide. I want to delete it because I really messed up the Feedback Master slide. Now I guess I've somehow saved it by renaming it, "That's Correct". I am a newbie to Feedback Masters and Master slides in general. Now I've gotten myself in a real pickle. I also tried the solutions in this thread: Feedback Master Problems. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks~

Meleah

• I also tried adding a new "Convert to Freeform - Pick One" slide and applying then deleting the layer. Still no option to delete the messed up Feedback Master I inadvertently created. 

• Hello Meleah!

We are happy to help! Do you have another Feedback Master to choose from? You won't be able to delete a Feedback Master Layout if you don't have another one to choose from. In that case, can you add another Feedback Master layout and see if you can delete the other one?

MeleahGayle-228
      Community Member

I tried that as well. It still will not let me delete the feedback master that I messed up.

Meleah Gayle, M.Ed
      Instructional Designer
      Training & Process Improvement
      (443) 446-3707 ext 13707 | m( 979)324-6353

Versant Health
      Bringing you Davis Vision and Superior Vision
      versanthealth.com

• I added the default Master Feedback and set the slides to show those instead of the one I messed up. I also tried to delete the messed up Master Feedback and it still will not let me delete it. 

• You should have two Feedback Master slides in order to delete one. Insert new Slide Master in Feedback Master, assign it to layers which were using the current Feedback Master, and go back to Feedback Master view to delete the old one.   

• Would you mind uploading your .story file with at least a few slides so I can troubleshoot? You can remove all proprietary information. I can record a tutorial for you unless we're dealing with some sort of bug or corrupted elements.