Forum Discussion

CalamityJaneMas
Community Member
6 years ago

ERROR: Being used by another process

My files every now and they pop up with the error:

"the file XXXX' is being used by another process or you do not have the proper security permissions to access this resource"

Our IT Dept spent and hour last time trying to figure out how to open it and still that wasnt an ideal solution. Anyone know how to hard reset Storyline?

• I'm glad that you were able to identify the culprit, Shyam. I appreciate you popping in to share and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

• This happened to me today. Instead of going to my computer folder and then trying to open the Storyline file there, I instead went directly into Storyline and browsed for the file. I don't know why this worked, but it did the trick. 

• Hi Kasie-Marie,

Thanks for sharing what worked for you! Others in the community with the same issue will surely find this helpful!

PatrickLynch
    Community Member

Just encountered this issue, very frustrating!  Figured out that I left two blank spaces at the end of my course title which was causing the error.  I removed those spaces and it published without any issues.

• Hi Patrick, 

Sorry to hear you ran into this snag. Thanks so much for sharing what workaround helped you! I'm sure it will help others that come across this thread! 

• I FOUND AN EASY SOLUTION! My issue was with a Quizmaker file (but I bet it would work with any Articulate file). Try opening another document (that works) with the same file type, then from within the file, click File>Open>"File with error". I sometimes forget about this method/workaround, but it has worked over time for me on multiple occassions.