Forum Discussion

GaryDickenson
Community Member
4 hours ago

Drag and drop freeform list problem

Hi,

I have 8 draggable objects and 8 drop targets. There is no wrong or right answer the user simply has to order the list of objects according to how they feel.

I only want to continue button to appear once they have moved the 8 objects. As there is no correct or incorrect areas I can't use these as trigger states and also dragover either a doesn't want to work or of course everything time an object is dragged over any target area it increases the count (I have played with variables)

Any ideas how I can solve this?

Thanks in advance

• Hi Gary. You could set triggers to change the state of each object to "drop correct" when the object is dropped on any of the targets. Then, assuming you have the initial state of the continue button as hidden or disabled, you could create a trigger to change the state of the continue button to normal when the state of all objects is "drop correct."

GaryDickenson
    Community Member

Winner winner chicken dinner! That did it. I hadn't considered changing the state of the drop items myself using triggers rather just relying on the built in state changes. Yes I already had the button state change in hand I just couldn't work out how to get the drops to work in this scenario. Thanks.

• Hi Gary. You could set triggers to change the state of each object to "drop correct" when the object is dropped on any of the targets. Then, assuming you have the initial state of the continue button as hidden or disabled, you could create a trigger to change the state of the continue button to normal when the state of all objects is "drop correct."