Forum Discussion

NicholeGeorge-6
Community Member
2 years ago

Cursor not showing in numeric quiz question box

Hi Everyone,

I have a quiz question that uses numeric entry in Storyline 360. In preview and publish, it doesn't allow the learner to click in the box to enter a number. It work on the first test of the quiz, but then not after that. What needs corrected here?

SandeepGadam
    Community Member

Hi Nichole, check whether the slide properties are set to reset to initial state or not. Right click on the gear icon at the bottom right, and change the setting "When revisiting to Reset to initial state".

If that doesn't work, then add a new trigger in that particular slide:

Adjust variable: "NumericEntry" variable value to "0" (the default value is zero) when timeline starts so that it resets its value and allows the user to re-enter upon revisiting the slide.

Be sure to navigate to the next/previous slide as the variable resets its value upon revisiting the slide.

• Thank you for the suggestions! It is set to initial state. I have also tried the trigger (and adding additional triggers beyond the one that came with the numeric entry question automatically). 

Note: The cursor appears in single slide preview but not in whole course preview (or when published).

Here is the file for reference. It's a simple course, so I am boggled why I can't get this to work. All help is appreciated here!

SandeepGadam
      Community Member

Hi Nichole, Thank you for sharing the SL file. I reviewed your file and found that Submit results trigger has been assigned in each slide when user clicks a button. The first Submit results trigger fires in slide 1.3 MC quiz and from there you can't submit any other interactions when you navigate to the other slides. Removing that trigger from slide 1.3 - 1.7 has fixed the specified issue. On slide 1.8 you can submit all the results at once.

Please review the updated SL file attached here and let me know if that worked for you!!

• Hi Nichole, 

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing your file!

I see that you've opened a support case. One of our talented Support Engineers will be in touch shortly via email. Thanks so much for your patience. 

We'll continue the conversation over in your support case. 

Have a great day, and happy developing! ✨