Forum Discussion

NatalieButsi435
Community Member
3 years ago

Cover Page Font

Hello, I have uploaded custom fonts but it seems like the only font that doesn't get applied is the Cover Page...can you not change the font of the cover page?

• Good news, everyone! We fixed the issue where theme fonts aren't applied to the course cover page if you're using the Rise theme. Please take a look, and let us know if you have any more trouble with this!

• I am also experiencing this issue and require the ability to customize fonts to match brand standards. It is very important to get a direct answer on whether or not this bug will be fixed. 

• Articulate: Please add this to your roadmap. We should be able to change the title font on the "Rise" Theme.

• Following. I agree they broke something with the Theme update that needs fixed. Having the custom font appear on the Cover Page with the Rise theme should not be a feature request. It's a bug that needs fixed. 

• Yes, something has broken.

I've just noticed the font bug for the cover page. Some of our older courses can still have the font changed on the cover page, even if you use the new themes, but others have "Lato Bold (900)" as default. 

Is there an update for the fix for this? 

• Articulate Staff, are you monitoring this thread? It has been 2 months since you commented, and then only to acknowledge that the problem exist. We all have clients that want this fixed. Please update us on the status.

• I've been thinking a bit more about this. Saying as the Horizon and Apex themes do work and do display custom fonts on the cover screen, why can't this fix be applied to the Rise theme?

Is it because doing so would break exisiting courses using the Rise theme? 

If so, could Articulate duplicate the Rise theme, give it another name (e.g. Rise 2.0) and apply the fix?

The other two themes are too stylised to work with the corporate branding that we usually need to apply, e.g. the star that appears above the title on the Horizon cover, or the shape of the header image on Apex. As a result we're in the realms of having to try and alter the title font post-publish.

PatrickMannion-
      Community Member

They could have left well enough alone, as the default was a default of their choosing. They ACTIVELY disabled the ability to use a font of our choosing, as they wanted control over what our work looks like on the front end.

Basically, they want uniformity, and don’t trust us with font choices. I should be able to choose Papyrus or Comic Sans if that’s my need.

This message and any attachments are Confidential Information, for the exclusive use of the addressee and may be legally privileged. Any receipt by anyone other than the intended addressee does not constitute a loss of the confidential or privileged nature of the communication. Any other distribution, use or reproduction is unauthorized and prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return electronic mail and delete all copies of this communication

• I don't think fixing this will break existing courses. I had completed two courses of a four course curriculum when this issue appeared. Needless to say, the client is not happy. 

Again the only place this is an issue is on the cover page.

Crystal-Horn
      Staff

Hi Phil! Your message might have crossed with our post from yesterday. This issue is fixed! Please let us know if you have any trouble.