Forum Discussion

JoshOlsen-132a0
Community Member
8 months ago

Can you have more than 3 heading levels in Rise?

Can you have more than 3 heading levels in a Rise lesson?

For example:

H1 (Rise Lesson Title)

H2 (Rise Heading)

H3 (Rise Subheading)

H4

H5
H6

• Hello everyone, 🎉

I'm happy to let you know we released a new update for Rise 360. This update adds the following feature:

Please find the release notes here. There's nothing to install for web apps. New features and fixes are immediately available, though you might need to export your Rise 360 course again.

Let me know if you have any questions about this update or the new feature!

• Hi Josh!

Great question!

I can confirm that three is the maximum amount of Headers available for a Rise 360 lesson. Testing this out on my end I observed Header 1, Header 2, Header 3, and then the lesson moved to 'Paragraph Text'.

I’m looking forward to seeing any workarounds found by our talented community members!

• Just chiming in here, but I think having more than three heading levels would be a much needed addition to Rise 360. I'm thinking five (5) would be a great number.

Like Josh said, this would be preferred over just bolding and resizing text to simulate headings 4+.

@steven is this something that is on Articulate's roadmap or if not, can we feature request this?

Thanks!

PhilFoss
      Community Member

I agree, most organizations with typography guidelines have headings 1-5 specified. Ideally you could add the heading block and select your own heading level. But right now in Rise there is a block for h2 and a separate block for h3, so this would be a major change for the platform.

EricSantos
      Staff

Hello Lee,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts regarding adding more heading levels in Rise 360! It’s not currently on our feature roadmap, but I’ll be sure to update this discussion if our team decides to reroute.

• Correct. The way I have band-aided this is I have customized my own lower (higher??) heading levels and saved them as custom blocks so that I don't have to recreate them each time or remember what font size I had made them.

• Hello everyone, 🎉

I'm happy to let you know we released a new update for Rise 360. This update adds the following feature:

Please find the release notes here. There's nothing to install for web apps. New features and fixes are immediately available, though you might need to export your Rise 360 course again.

Let me know if you have any questions about this update or the new feature!

PhilFoss
      Community Member

This is great Eric, although it appears the headings in 'paragraph with heading' and 'paragraph with subheading' are still locked into using h2 and h3, to use anything else you need to make a new paragraph and then change the 'paragraph format' to change the paragraph to a heading h2 h3 h4 h5. But paragraphs are not headings, they are a different element altogether. So the labeling is a bit counterintuitive.

LeeMillardButlr
        Community Member

I agree with Phil. I was initially looking for this option (to change heading level) under the Heading and Subheading blocks. It makes no sense to have this option in the paragraph block. I'm excited for this change, it's just in the wrong block!