Forum Discussion

VirginiaRodarmo
Community Member
7 years ago

Beginner's Issue: Not able to view all trigger options on laptop

When I click open the insert trigger dialog box and click on Action "jump to slide" in order to view all options, I cannot see the top options.  How do I shrink the view so that I am able to view all options?

RensonGilo
    Community Member

Hi Jeney,

I had the same issue on my laptop. Here are some options that worked for me which you can try.

- Adjust display setting and scale it to 100% . You may follow the workaround instructions on this link.

- Use the "Up" arrow key to choose the topmost trigger action option.

• Hi Jeney

do you have your Windows DPI set to 96dpi or in Windows 10 (100%). 

Also have you tried playing with the minimise/maximise button in the top right hand corner of the window?

• Hi Jeney,

If you're still having issues after checking into the suggestions by Renson and Wendy, can you let us know what version of Storyline and Windows you're using? Also, if you're using a Virtual Machine on a Mac environment?

• Looks like you are getting some fantastic help here Jeney and you must have a lot of objects to choose from ;)

Just let us know if you need anything else, and for the record, I have had to use the up arrow route that Renson shared as well on some customer files :)

• Thanks to everyone for your help.  I had set the display settings on my laptop to 125% text size.  When I went into display settings and reset to 100%, I was all set. 

VirginiaRodarmo
      Community Member

It is I who thank you!

Jeney
      "I Make it GO"
      Pfizer Global Operations
      Virginia Rodarmor|Environmental Health & Safety|617-674-6376

Submit a Safety Samaritan Report

• Hello

I have set my screen display to 100% as I was unable to use storyline on my laptop because I could not see many of the elements (triggers, states etc) nor scroll down to look through the content library etc. Now that I have it at 100% I can see all of these but it is so tiny its difficult to work on in another way. Is there some other way I can manage this issue such that I can see and use all the storyline features and actually see what I am doing?