Forum Discussion

TabithaHumph552
Community Member
2 months ago

Base Layer stops 1sec before end of timeline when layers are involved

Good Afternoon, everyone!  First-time question-asker here.

I have a base slide with two layers and a trigger to show layer 1 when the timeline ends on the base layer.  Then another trigger on layer 1 to show layer 2 when the timeline of layer 1 ends.  I also selected the following settings on the layers:

• Hide other slide layers
  • Prevent user from clicking on other layers
  • Pause timeline of base layer

On layer 2, I selected to 'hide layer when timeline finishes' so that the course would return to the base layer automatically.  I used the Menu setting to Restrict Navigation so the 'Next' button would be enabled automatically when the timeline ends on the base layer.

When I publish it to Review360, the slide plays perfectly, showing layer 1 and then layer 2 and returning to the base layer. But when it returns to the base layer, the timeline has stopped 1 second before the end....and there is no 'Next' button. 

This is happening with the other slides I have with layers, too.  Even those which are set-up with buttons that trigger to each layer.  All of them are stopping 1 second before the end of the slide so the 'Next' button is not enabled.

I have tried deselecting the "Pause timeline of base layer" and I changed the base layer 'Revisit' setting to "Resume saved state" when it had been "Automatically decide."

So, even though the base layer reached the end of the timeline to go to layer 1, it was 1 second from the end of the timeline when layer 2 ended...and I could not proceed.  

I know I can add a 'Next' button to layer 2 or a Button with a trigger on the base layer to move to the next slide, but this issue confounds me and I was wondering if anyone else had experienced it and could tell me the fix.

Thank you for your consideration!

• Hi, Tabitha!

Thanks for reaching out!

It'd be helpful to see your .Story file to take a closer look at how your course is set up. If you're comfortable, you can share it here or upload it privately in a support case. Our team will delete it from our systems once troubleshooting is complete.