Forum Discussion

GrahamDWoods
Community Member
2 months ago

Asset organisation

If I re-organise all my custom visual assets will my Storyline files lose all their connections to them? Or will it "find" them and make new links?

• Hi Graham!

I understand you'd like to know how re-organizing your custom assets into different folders will affect your Storyline projects!

I see that you've also opened a support case and connected with my teammate, Cleober. I was glad to see Cleober shared helpful insight into your request!

For anyone else discovering this thread with a similar issue:

If these assets (pictures, images, videos, & audio files) were inserted into your Storyline project file using the insert menu, it will not affect the imported contents in your slides. However, if you will replace those inserted contents, I suggest that you delete them from the slide and use the Insert menu again so it won't cause any issues. 

However, if these custom assets are templates then it will affect how you use Storyline and how you edit your projects. 

I hope this information helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance