Forum Discussion

JeffreyRiley-9e
Community Member
3 years ago

Articulate Storyline Preview Crashes

I have three projects from another developer. When I try to preview slides and/or scenes the process stalls then closes Articulate. Some of the slides can preview but there are several in each project that will not preview. As a result, I cannot publish the file either.

On the slides that are a problem. If I click the play button on the timeline that closes Articulate as well. Some of the slides are 1.2 and 1.3 also 4.4.

I have uninstalled Storyline and re-installed but the problems persists. Any other suggestions? 

• Hello Jeffrey

May I direct you to this discussion. Have you tried changing your bulleted list to see if it changes the behaviour of the preview by any chance.

• are svg images used on the problematic slides?

if yes, make all svg layers on this slide invisible and export again

if it works now, the svg images have to be reimported

• I had not considered SVG images being an issue. I will have to go over the project and see if there are any. At least at this point, I have identified the 5 bad slides and will look at those.

• The project is only using PNG images so SVG is not the problem. I have isolated the 5 slides that are an issue but I don't see what or how they are causing Preview to not work.

• copy one of these slides in a new empty storyline file

does the preview now works?

if not - upload the .story file here in the forum

• Did you install the recent Windows 11 22H2 update? I've been having the same problem since the update.

If you did, here is a fix that worked for me. We pulled out the Segoe UI font on Windows 10 and reinstalled on Windows 11, See attached font Zip file.

JeffreyRiley-9e
      Community Member

Sabrina, I am on the Windows 11 22H2 version. I will try this and let you know. Thanks.

JeffreyRiley-9e
      Community Member

Sabrina,

I downloaded the Segoe font and put it in the windows font folder and unzipped it. I rebooted then opened the storyline but it still did not Preview. Thanks for the suggestion.

sabrinapinto-53
        Community Member

Hi Jeffery,
        I downloaded the font and right clicked on all and hit install and it seemed to work. Do you want to try that?

Get Outlook for iOS

• Articulate is working to solve the problem and I'm sure they will solve it quickly. In the meantime I would advise you to change the "little black dot" bullet list to another bullet list.