Forum Discussion

RachelPooch
Community Member
5 years ago

Using Rise in firefox

I have a user who is reporting that the Rise module (quiz section) isn't working in Firefox. I have looked at the technical support which says that they are compatible. When a debug report is run, it returns this error message: "TypeError: LMSProxy.MatchingResponse is not a constructor index.html:330:10"

How can I resolve this?

• Hello Alyssa Gomez, i'm developer and my company is using your services, so i discovered the issue , that is come from the function "buildMatchingResponse" and please ask someone for removing this text 

• Hi Rachel,

Thanks for also opening a case! I see that Gren shared some testing links with you in a recent email. Let me know if you have any questions about what she sent you.

• Hi was this resolved and if so, how? I have a user reporting the same thing, but I have no issues with matching questions working in Rise...Thanks!

• Hi, Knowledge Learning! Thanks for letting us know what's going on. 

We haven't been able to recreate this issue on our end yet. You mentioned a user reported the same problem to you – have you seen it in your own testing?

I would suggest the user close and reopen the browser window, or switch to a new web browser. It could be that security restrictions on the user's computer are interfering with the Rise 360 quiz. 

Let us know if you hear another report of this problem!

• Hi, Learning & Development. Can you tell me more about the issue you're seeing? Are you seeing an error while authoring a quiz question in Rise 360, or is the error happening in a published course?

Crystal-Horn
        Staff

Thanks for those details, Learning & Development. Since we haven't been able to reproduce on our end, I've opened a case so we can work more closely with you. I've added the details and screenshots you've shared so we can pick back up from there!

You'll get an email from us soon.

NigelKirkby
    Community Member

I'm seeing 'LMSProxy.MatchingResponse is not a constructor' logged to the browser (Chrome) console in a module I've just exported, and the matching response quiz question is hanging when I try to submit it. This was exported as SCORM 2004 4th edition, if that helps?

NigelKirkby
    Community Member

Works fine on SCORM cloud though, with no errors, so maybe it's an error users only see when testing locally?

• Hi Nigel!

Smart idea to test on SCORM Cloud, and I'm happy to hear you didn't run into the error there.

Have you tested the output on your own LMS? If so, how did it perform?

LuisDavila
    Community Member

I'm getting the same issue "LMSProxy.MatchingResponse" in chrome  -- anyway to resolve this @alyssa? 

Crystal-Horn
      Staff

Hi there, Luis. If you're seeing this with a specific matching question (and not all matching questions), you can try to recreate the question and export your course again for LMS.

If that doesn't work, please connect with us here, and we'll help you move forward!