Forum Discussion

DiannaMoses
Community Member
4 years ago

Text Not Showing in Preview Mode (SL3)

Hello,

Shapes or text boxes with text - the text is not showing up in preview mode. I've tried using different states, animations, and uninstalling and reinstalling SL3. What I want the learner to do is click on the box to see a layer. Is anyone available to advise please? Thank you.

• I just experienced this same issue. Can anyone determine the cause for this or a fix that doesn't involve deleting and re-entering the text box? There's are several states that I've created for this text box depending on user interactions, and it would be quite time consuming to have to recreate everything.

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi StepUp University!

Sorry to hear you've run into this setback!

Before rebuilding elements from your course, please confirm that you are working locally, and try performing a repair of your Storyline 3 installation to see if that makes an improvement. Also, does the text appear when previewing a single slide from your course?

It would be helpful to see a copy of the .story file that's giving you trouble. Feel free to attach it here in the discussion or privately in a support case.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

AnnaJevtovi-238
        Community Member

Hello,

I am experiencing an issue after creating a circular button with a plus sign inside. The plus sign becomes invisible when I preview the project. Additionally, I have a falling menu created in the Slide Master, but it seems to interfere with the question feedback layers. Whenever the menu is clicked, it mistakenly triggers the Incorrect feedback layer. Could you please assist me in resolving these issues?

Thank you!

• Awesome! Thanks for the update, Dianna.

It looks like your email signature came through when you replied via email. You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.

• Hi Dianna! 

We are happy to help! This sounds like something we'll want our Support Engineers to offer their expertise on. I've started a case on your behalf so that our Support Engineers can begin troubleshooting. We'll continue the conversation in your support case. I'll make sure to follow along to see what the fix is.

DiannaMoses
      Community Member

Ok, great, thank you! I solved it on my side by recreating and replacing the three shapes.

Thank you.

Dianna