Forum Discussion

MarianeVezina
Community Member
7 years ago

Rise and Quiz Answers (feedback)

Hi,

for a Rise file with a Quiz, can it be set up that when a participant answers a quiz question they just see that the question was wrong without providing the correct answer?

Right now I only see the "Reveal Answer" option, but that provides all the correct answers, even if they got it wrong.

tks

Mariane

• Hi folks!  Now you can make quizzes more challenging. Show learners feedback without revealing correct answers! Find out how in this article. Enjoy!

• Hi folks!  Now you can make quizzes more challenging. Show learners feedback without revealing correct answers! Find out how in this article. Enjoy!

• Thanks for your question, Mariane!

The answer reveal and question feedback are connected by design, but our team is keeping an eye on requests to separate those pieces. I'll let them know you're also interested in that function, and we'll keep you posted here if anything changes! 

• I'm keen to see these features separated too. Just had to disappoint a client by telling them it wasn't possible to show feedback without also showing the correct answers.

• I would like to add that we are also very interested in this feature in Rise. If you don't know what was wrong, then how do you know what to study before retrying the quiz? And giving away the correct answer is rarely a good option.

• Hello Samuel! We're still tracking requests for this feature and we'll be sure to share updates here if we make changes that will help.

For now, if you want more control over the information displayed to your users when taking a quiz, you can try creating your quiz in Storyline and use feedback layers.  You can then add your quiz as a Storyline block in Rise.  I hope this helps!

• I want my users to retake only the questions they answered wrong, not all of them. I couldn't find that option in the settings. Is it possible?

LeaSAgato
      Staff

Hi Sofia! There isn't an option for this in Rise at the moment, but we're tracking requests for the feature. We'll share updates here if we make changes that will help!

• Yes, that is one option Lea, but we are mainly using smartphones for our e-learning (where Rise is a great experience) and embedded Storyline blocks is mainly a desktop feature as we see it. It is hard to navigate in them using smartphones.

• Hi Samuel, I'm sorry to hear that using Storyline blocks isn't an option for you.  We'll let you know here if this feature becomes available!

AmyEddings
    Community Member

I'd also like to see these features separated. We require our learners to get a certain score on the assessment. We'd like for them to know which questions they got wrong without giving them the answers since they have multiple chances to take the assessment. 

Letting them know they got the question wrong gives them the opportunity to revisit just the content they need. It's inconvenient to that the feature is "all or nothing."