Forum Discussion

TracyDeline
Community Member
4 years ago

Quizmaker - adjust question settings for imported questions

I successfully imported a fairly large question bank into Quizmaker and I want to turn off the "randomize answers" and "show feedback" features. Do I have to do this for each and every question individually or is there a way to change these features for the whole test bank at once?  I tried changing the quiz properties in the home tab, but this did not have the desired effect. Or will this only work if I've changed the quiz properties before I import the question bank?

DevinOToole
    Community Member

Hi Leslie, 

This action did not work for me. I changed the quiz settings for future questions added to 1)turn off shuffle answers and 2)no feedback (see options screenshot). I then manually created a question to test and the setting worked as expected (green arrow screenshot) then imported a large TXT file full of questions.

All the new questions were entered with feedback by question setting on despite quiz properties saying they shouldn't be on (red arrow screenshot). Now I have to go through all the questions and manually turn set the menu drop down to None.

Is there some setting that can be introduced in the TXT file or what am I missing?

DevinOToole
    Community Member

Here is the template used in the TXT file for your review:

MC
    [Question]
    [answer option]
    *[answer option correct]
    [answer option]

• Thanks for the additional information, Devin.

We have an issue reported to our team specific to the Question Defaults not applying to imported questions.

I've added this conversation to our report. I wanted to share some information on how we define bugs and tackle them when they occur. In the meantime, you will need to adjust each question manually.