Forum Discussion

VanessaDZ
Community Member
2 days ago

How do stop the Hover Button on the Base layer appearing on layer 2

Hi,

I am using Storyline 3 and I am a new user. I have attached the slide here. 

On the 'Test Button' base layer I have a 'Continue' button which has a hover state. When I go to the 'Meter move' layer, I click on the 'Continue' button and the 'Continue' button on the base layer appears when I hover off it. I have been playing around with the layer properties including hiding the base layer but it does not seem to work.

I have been looking through these discussions to find the answers but I feel like it is probably not as straight-forward as I first hoped?! Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

VanessaDZ
      Community Member

Thank you so much 😄

JudyNollet
      Super Hero

VanessaDZ : The solution to your issue is Jesse's reply, so that should Marked as Solution (not your thank-you message).

• The site will automatically display the marked reply at the top when someone visits this page. That helps folks more easily find answers when they're searching the community.
      • Also, Jesse deserves the credit. (Solutions are listed on a person't profile.) 

JesseWu : Thanks for sharing my PRIMER. It's nice to know when folks find it helpful. One reason I wrote it up is because it's easier to provide the link than to rewrite everything about the built-in states. Glad to know it can help you with that, too. 😄